Do you have friends who just love to be on the lake in summer? Are they always in the water, on their boat, jumping off their dock, or relaxing with drink in hand on a float? Treat them right this holiday season and give them a gift that they can actually put to good use. Here are a few great gift ideas for the dock dudes and lake lovers in your life.
For your friends who just like to have a little fun on the water, why not get them a variety of towable water toys? From bananas to tubes, you can increase their enjoyment of the lake in the summer, particularly if they have a boat that can tow those inflatables. Other ideas include:
- Inflatable water skis
- Raft boat
- Floating chairs with cup holders
- Knee boards
- Water trampolines
- Water mats
- Pontoon slides
- Inflatable balance beams
- Water rockers
- Inflatable rock climbing walls
Staying safe on the water is an important aspect of summer time fun. If your friend’s life jacket hasn’t been updated in quite some time, buy him or her a high-quality well-fitting life jacket. Neoprene is an ideal material to try, as it’s naturally water resistant and has superior cushioning and low friction effects – not to mention it’s stretchable and comfortable. Other good ideas include:
- Safety ring buoys
- Helmets or wide brimmed hats for sports like paddle boating and canoeing
- First aid kits
- Sun protection
- Wet suits
For the perfect gift that’s always the right fit, a gift certificate is the perfect way to express your holiday sentiments. Gift certificates are always welcomed, as lake living is seldom cheap. Ideas for gift cards include:
- Bait shops
- Dock and lake accessories retailers
- Nearby restaurants
- Nearby water parks or ski resorts
- Boat and water ski rental shops
Owners of lake docks could always use a little sprucing up through accessories and add-ons. Check out these ideas sure to please anyone on your list:
- Solar and decorative lights: Perfect for the holiday season, help your friend light up their dock with decorative lighting to highlight the edges and boost safety. For night swimmers, buy them some solar lights that charge up with the sun during the day and give off light at night. These are energy-efficient gifts that save your friend some money on energy as well.
- Accessories: For the friend who loves to relax during warm days and nights by the lake, surprise them with hammock swings, benches, stairs or umbrellas. Dock islands make a nice touch too, especially for fishing enthusiasts. They can use this island to store fishing rods, soda cans, bait, trash bags, sunscreen, snacks, and anything else needed for a day on the lake.
Whether your friend is male or female, water sports enthusiast or relaxer, you can find some great gifts to adorn their v-dock or lake-front home this holiday season.